4/25/2012 : Merritt Properties Receives Two Awards at NAIOP Awards of Excellence
MERRITT PROPERTIES RECEIVES TWO AWARDS AT NAIOP AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
NAIOP Honors Merritt for Best Flex Building and Best Industrial Rehab Exterior
BALTIMORE, Maryland (April 25, 2012) – NAIOP-Maryland
has named Merritt Properties
the winner of two Awards of Excellence for the Best Flex Building and the Best Industrial Rehab Exterior.
Merritt received the Best Flex Building award for the new corporate headquarters of Centric Business Systems
at 10702 Red Run Boulevard
in Owings Mills. This single-story, 39,000-square-foot, built-to-suit project was completed in just nine months and includes the following interior features:
- 17 offices, numerous work stations, conference rooms, an operations center, a warehouse, a living wall and a gym.
- A custom presentation room with stadium seating for 30, upgraded lighting options and teleconference capabilities.
- A custom showroom and print shop featuring Centric’s high-end equipment with upgraded lighting and finishes.
- A high-end lobby with stone flooring, glass vestibule, custom millwork, wood paneling and a custom reception desk.
The building is slated for LEED® Gold certification from the US Green Building Council
. The specific green elements incorporated in the project include:
- Enhanced building envelope through the use of improved roof and wall sections and high-performance glass.
- Water-efficient restroom fixtures and self-metering faucets that reduce water demand by approximately 40%.
- Highly efficient VRF (variable refrigerant flow) heating and cooling system.
- Solar power from a 24kW photovoltaic array located on roof.
- Carbon dioxide monitoring system to enhance indoor air quality.
- Low-to no-VOC materials to reduce the possibility of indoor air pollutants.
- Preferred parking for hybrid and carpool vehicles.
- Green housekeeping.
- Use of FSC-certified wood.
- Landscaping with reduced turf areas and drought-tolerant plants to reduce irrigation needs.
- T5 lighting with occupant sensors.
- Green power purchase.
Merritt also received the Best Industrial Rehab Exterior award for the renovation and expansion of Ridge Engineering
’s existing 67,500-square-foot headquarters facility in Hampstead, Maryland. Phase I of the project included a 13,000 SF manufacturing floor addition with a mezzanine. Phase II, then connected the manufacturing floor to new office space and added a new two-story entrance.
is the statewide chapter of NAIOP
, the leading trade association for developers, owners, investors and other professionals in industrial, office and mixed-use commercial real estate. It has more than 340 members, comprised of individuals working for real estate development companies, brokerage firms and affiliated companies such as financial institutions, architectural firms and engineers.
About Merritt Properties
As an established market leader with more than 40 years of experience and success, Merritt Properties
has an unmatched reputation for our commitment to our customers and the communities we serve. With 16 million square feet in more than 70 locations, Merritt owns and manages the largest privately held commercial real estate portfolio in the Baltimore/Washington region. For more information about Merritt Properties: merrittproperties.com
# # #